Generating a tour from scratch is easy enough but once your project
starts getting bigger it can be very awkward making changes to it and
keeping track of all of the panoramas. To help with this process I have
developed a FilemakerPro database to author PTViewer applet code and manage
The design process is being carried out in conjunction with the
development of a large virtual tour (http://www.path.unimelb.edu.au/~bernardk/mu_tour/)
It's designed to suit the way I work but as it's a Filemaker Pro file it's
fully customisable if you want to add or change anything.
- Single database generates the entire HTML code for the web page
- Pixel coordinates converted to relative coordinates
- Select common items by description rather than number (e.g.
- Popup menus for common options
- Panorama/extension thumbnails
- Popup menu of panorama descriptions for selecting NewPanoFromList
- Helper databases for PTViewer actions and Helper Applet options.
Allows for addition of new features as they are added and provides
documentation as needed.
- Automatically enter frequently used settings
- Automatically renumber shotspots in panoramas if global shotspots
- Some idiot proofing to prevent global options being set in individual
- Additional layouts to display information to assist with managing
- Fully customisable
What FM2PTV doesn't do
FM2PTV is not a complete GUI for generating PTViewer tours. There is no
mechanism for retrieving coordinates from pano images which must be done
manually via whatever means you have at your disposal.
Documentation is currently under construction and will be completed when
the database is out of beta testing.
There is still plenty of work to do in terms of the interface and extra
programming and I don't consider it to be complete yet. For a sneak preview
you can download version 0.95beta here. Some things
- Check fields that are set to Auto Enter data and change them to
suit your own preferences
- Edit the definition of CodeGlobalParameters to put your own
custom HTML header in. This will be a separate field in the next version.
- Edit the Code script to specify an output file
- The PT Action Generator is not fully functional yet
- SHotspot definitions are not fully functional yet
- Pano inits needs a lot of work
0.95Beta - released 30/3/03
- Added navigation buttons for layouts, scripted to show relevant
- Added Init handling. Init segments and descriptions are
specified as global options. Init segments selected by description
in Panorama options
- Fixed HTML header to use Project Title, Author etc... from global
- Scripted export of HTML code.